Saturday 19 April 2014

Aloha

Aloha!

I hate doing introductions. I always end up babbling about stuff that nobody's interested in, plus I can never think of what to write! I suppose I should get going with my introduction..

What's your name?
I'm Victoria, but you can call me Vicky/Vick.

Where are you from?
West Midlands, England

What do you do?
I finished college in 2013 and was supposed to go to University to study History in September 2013, however realised that I wanted to be an Accountant, so I am now working whilst studying AAT.

Why are you here?
I'm here because I want to start a book blog up. I've had several blogs in the past - but have never been able to stick to them. I actually made my first blog in 2010, which was a Tumblr.

So why are you starting a book blog?
I'm starting a book blog because I enjoy reading but I don't do it as much anymore. I think that having a book blog will encourage me to read more again. Also, I follow some book bloggers on twitter and so after reading the blogs with reviews, I decided that I want to do the same, and share my opinions of books! Plus, I find that reading takes me to another place and takes my mind off things…and it also gives me a break from studying AAT!

Where's the inspiration for your blog name come from?
If you think I got the inspiration for my blog name from John Green's 'Paper Towns', then you'd be correct. It's not because it's my favourite book, if that's what you think, but when I was trying to think of a good name for my blog, I turned to my book shelf, and that's what I found. I did have a couple of other ideas, but they were all taken although when I really think about it,  'apapertown' is actually quite fitting.

What's your favourite book?
I have a couple of books that I really love. I absolutely love Harry Potter, my favourite being Deathly Hallows. Followed by that, I also really love the Hunger Games, and one of my other favourites is The Fault in Our Stars.

What's your favourite movie?
I don't really watch movies that much but I think it would probably be The Wizard of Oz or Matilda. My favourite Disney movie is Tangled.

Who's your favourite music artist?
This is a hard one as I don't have one, I have two - Taylor Swift and Beyonce. Although, there are loads of other artists that I really like and are up there within my top favourites!

I can't think of what else you guys would really want to know about me - there isn't much to say if I'm honest! I hope to start posting reviews within the next couple of weeks, so please stay tuned!

That's all from me for now!

Vicky :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the little story about how you came up with your blog name. I can't remember how I came up with mine but Paper Towns is an awesome book and an equally awesome blog title! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so happy when I saw it wasn't taken because I was so excited once I'd actually thought of it! :) Thanks for commenting also!

      Delete