Wednesday 23 April 2014

My Reading Habits Tag

I saw that Laura at shelovestoread did this, so thought that continuing on from my introduction, I would also participate. Plus it's nice to be able to do things, although I do need to get reading and writing some more reviews!

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I mostly read in my bedroom, however if there's nobody else in the lounge, I'll read there too!

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

I have a pot of bookmarks which I like to use, however I have been known to use random pieces of paper if needs be..plus the library here has these reservation slips they put in the books so when reading library books, I tend to just use that!

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?

I'm not so much a 'stop reading at the end of this chapter' kind of person, but equally, I can't just stop reading. If I want to finish reading, I will always stop at the end of a paragraph, although that can be a bit of a pain in the butt because then you have to find the paragraph ending!

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

If I'm honest, I don't really take too much notice of anything else, but to be honest, I tend to read mostly when I've woken up or when I'm in bed at night! But I don't have a problem with drinking whilst reading. Eating is a bit different as it can be a bit of a distraction!

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

I think both can be a bit distracting to be honest. I think I'm much easier with the TV over music though as if a good song comes on my iPod/iphone, i'll be up and dancing/singing along to it!

6. One book at a time or several at once?

I can read two books at one time usually, but this tends to happen because I'll start reading a book and then I'll get another that I'm really looking forward to, so I'll end up blasting through that whilst the other one just sits there waiting!

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

I can read pretty much anywhere, apart from like, a concert! Also, I cannot read in the car…well, I can, but it makes me feel sick after a bit so I just don't bother!

8. Reading out lout or silently in your head?

Reading in my head is much faster, so I do that, however sometimes I will zone out when reading a book, which I know is not the point because the book is supposed to help me zone out of the real world, but sometimes my thoughts just take over..so because of that, I'll end up going back to a line and reading it over and over again before finally reading it out loud to regain my focus. That was a complete load of ramble then! Does anybody else zone out when they read books?

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

I know it's not the point but sometimes when I get to the really juicy part of a book, I'll just read the dialogue so I can know what's happening quicker! Don't worry - I do go back and read it once I've finished the dialogue!

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

At first, I am all 'I don't want to break it!', but once I'm into a book, I really don't care - books are there to get their spines broken! (That sounds so weird!)

11. Do you write in your books?

Nope, never! I did read a post once that basically said 'what's the point in reading a book if you're not going to write in it. writing and highlighting pieces in a book is showing your love for it'. Quite frankly, that's not true at all for me. Here's a little story, in 2001/2002 when Harry Potter was just in the beginning and the first movie had come out, my mum won a competition for me (I had no idea about it) and I received the first four HP books (the others hadn't even come out yet!). To me, these are like classic, old Harry Potter books because let's face it, they're over 10 years old, and my Chamber of Secrets even has reviews in the back of it (I don't know if newer versions have this!). SO to back up my point of how it's not true for me. I am in NO WAY going to write and highlight parts in my Harry Potter book because one day, I want to be able to read them again to my children and grand children and eventually, pass them down to them!

12. Who do you tag?

As I don't actually have any followers, I tag anyone who reads this post, so if you're reading this now, I tag you!


Let me know in the comments what your book habits are, or if you've already done this, link me to your post! I'm hopefully going to be doing some more reviews soon, so am hoping to have those up within the next week or so! 

Anyway, that's me for now. Signing off..

No comments:

Post a Comment