Tuesday 27 January 2015

Oh, how I'd love to be in Italy

Title: Wish You Were Italian
Author: Kristen Rae
Pages: 320
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Source: Bought
Rating: 4.5/5

Summary (from Good Reads): 
The summer before senior year of high school. It’s supposed to be one of the biggest summers of her life, but Pippa is headed to an art program she has no interest in. The one saving grace is it’s in Italy. And when the opportunity strikes, she decides to ditch the program and travel Italy accomplishing her own list of goals. Things like swimming in the Mediterranean Sea, eating a whole pizza in one sitting…and falling in love with an Italian boy! As she explores the famous cities of Rome and Pompeii, Pippa finds herself falling for two boys: a local guy she knows is nothing but trouble and a cute American archaeology student who keeps disappearing and reappearing at the strangest moments. Will Pippa find her true love before her parents find out the truth about her summer program?

Having been to Italy before and absolutely loving it, I was really looking forward to reading this book and I wasn't disappointed. It was quite a sweet read, particularly for the Summer. I read it way back in August so this review is long overdue but I still remember the story and its details.

The book had an interesting but romantic storyline. First off, there was rebellion, which I thought was a good to start off on and progress from. I enjoyed the travelling in this book - the places featured are all ones that I would love to visit some day. This book did feature a love triangle which I felt took up a lot of the story, however I felt that this didn't mean the book strayed too much away from the setting, as the parts of Italy our main character, Pippa, travelled too was still spoken about in detail. 

I think this book was interesting because Pippa was being forced to attend a program she didn't want to attend. I feel like this book was easy to relate to in that aspect as I'm sure many people feel forced into doing things by their parents, especially in regards to education, and this book shows that you don't always have to do what you feel like you'r being forced to do. You could totally just travel round Italy instead!

This book is, as said earlier, is a perfect summer read. It gives me the urge to go and grab some ice cream, despite the fact that it is January and freezing cold at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment