Friday 20 June 2014

How I Organise…My Books


What better way to start off the How I Organise.. series with telling you how I organise my books?! I never really had a set way of organising my books because I don't really have that many on my shelves (surprisingly shocking collection, actually, for someone who blogs about books), but since starting this blog, I've decided to become a bit more organised. 

So to organise my books, I actually use Excel. You'd think I'd want to get away from it since I use it so often in the day due to my job, but it's actually a really good way of keeping up with which books you own. 


In the picture above (sorry if it's too small!), you can see how I organise my books. I organise my books via the last name of an author, as I find that this so much easier for me. 
I then put the title of the book, whether it's part of a series and whether I've read it or not. Across from that, I put my rating, the classification, so whether it's YA, Adult, Children's, etc. and the genre. I also then put what format the book is in and whether it's signed. Then lastly, how the book came into my hands and who the publisher is. 

This is a great way of organising my books as I can see the books I own, and which books I still need to read. It's also important to me that I have this as, although I know which books are on my shelf, it means that just in case I do forget, I can see which books I already own. This means that I won't buy any duplicates! I find that it's also quite helpful for writing reviews, as I've got all the information, such as the publisher and source!

So now you've seen how I manage my books. Next week, I'll be showing you how I organise reviews!

If you've got any questions, please let me know! So how do you organise your books? Do you do the same, or do you do it differently? 

No comments:

Post a Comment