Tuesday 3 June 2014

Top Ten Books For Your Beach Bag This Summer


  Top Ten Tuesday is a meme featured over at The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books That Should Be In Your Beach Bag

  1. Since You've Been Gone - I haven't read this yet, but I have heard so many good things about it!
  2. Eleanor & Park - I'm reading this one at the moment (I'll probably have finished it by the time you read this) and so far, I'm really, really enjoying it. - Finished this the other day and yep, this one needs to be in your bag this summer!
  3. Don't Even Think About It - I finished reading this one the other week, and would totally recommend it, particularly as a light read
  4. The Fault in Our Stars - Pretty much bound to make you cry by the time you've finished but least you'll have those sunglasses on to cover your puffy eyes, right?
  5. Anna and the French Kiss - Kind of an all year round book, but really enjoyable, and would be great to read on a relaxing day at the beach
  6. We Were Liars - Just finished this one, and totally recommend that you put it in your beach bag. There was particularly a lot of hype round this book I noticed when it was opening week (duh, what do you expect?!)
  7. To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Ahhh, so many people have been talking about how good this is. Mine's still in the post, but I can't wait for it to arrive!
  8. Everything Leads To You - …another one I haven't read, apart from the first chapter as a sample, but from that sample, it sounded like a good story, so I think this is one to add to the beach bag!
  9. The Hunger Games - A dystopian for when you're not feeling like contemporary or a bit of chick-lit romancey stuff.
  10. Harry Potter - I'm a Harry Potter nut so I would totally recommend it. Plus, you can use it as a shade for your face in the sun because they're so thick - nothing is getting through that!
So there you have it! I was sooo struggling by number 8, plus I know, I know, I've included books on here that I haven't even read yet, so how can I comment, but hey! I was combining what I want in my beach bag with what I think you should have in yours!

What's in your beach bag this summer? What do you recommend I put in mine?

10 comments:

  1. I agree with so many books on this list! TFiOS while sad is definitely a book needed to be read before the movie. Everything Leads to You was really good. I highly recommend reading soon. It's not my kind of book but I enjoyed it a lot. THG is definitely a good trilogy to haul around during the summer. I have HP on my list!
    My Top Ten: http://vampireandotherparanormalthingsqueen.blogspot.com/2014/06/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely - reading TFiOS before the movie is a total must! I've only read the first chapter of ELTY so far, but definitely want to read more! THG and HP are both great, hence why I added them! :)

      Delete
  2. Great picks! The Fault in Our Stars is one of my favorite books. I can't wait for the movie! To All the Boys I've Loved Before sounds so good and has such a unique concept. Everything Leads to You sounds pretty good as well. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me neither! Sadly because I'm in England, I don't think we get the movie till something like the 19th or 20th of June, which totally sucks as I know it's going to get spoiled by the internet before I even see it! :( I am yet to read To All the Boys, but it's now on my bookshelf waiting, woohoo!

      Delete
  3. that's a nicely stocked beach bag. enjoy your summer reading. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - just wish I could fit them all in! Happy summer reading to you!

      Delete
  4. You've got several on your list that I have heard good reviews on. Happy Reading!
    My list: http://fortheartofit.blogspot.com/2014/06/top-ten-tuesday-beach-bag-books.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great - I'm looking forward to getting into them! Happy Reading to you too!

      Delete
  5. Oooh so glad I stumbled across this post through the book blogger chat on twitter - I've been looking for some beach summer reads so definitely bookmarking this so I can check them out! Thanks for the suggestions :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Ahh, that's so cool! That's no problem - let me know what you think if you read any of them! :)

      Delete