Friday 23 May 2014

Liebster Award


Holy poppers, I've been nominated by Katie at Into The Bookcase (who I kind of also stole the above picture from..)! I've been blogging for about a month now, so the fact that I've been nominated is SO COOL. Thank you so, so much, Katie! 

Here are the Liebster Award rules (also stolen from Katie!):

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the eleven questions he/she asks.
3. Nominate eleven bloggers.
4. Ask these eleven bloggers eleven questions.
5. Let these eleven bloggers know that they have been nominated.

Seeing as I have already done number 1, let's move onto 2, the questions!

1. What’s the last book you read, and what book are you currently reading?
The last book I read was Monument 14 and I am currently reading Don't Even Think About It and Eleanor and Park. 

2. How do you organise your TBR pile?
I don't actually have any organisation for my TBR books, so they just sit on my shelf. I just know which ones I haven't read yet, although I think I'm going to start putting book names on small pieces of paper and then putting them in a jar and as I finish one book, pick out a piece of paper with the next book I have to read on it as my TBR list is getting longer and longer…although if a book comes in that I really want to read, then I'm going to read it pretty much straight away
3. What is your favourite genre, and why?
 I like a lot of genre's but I think that contemporary YA is my favourite. I really, really love YA books actually. But I enjoy contemporary YA because I really do feel like I can connect so much better to characters. 
4. Do you like watching film adaptations of books?
I don't really mind watching them if I'm honest, but I have enjoyed all the Harry Potter movies and all the Hunger Games movies that have come out so far. I think this kind of depends though as sometimes I'll watch a movie without having read the book, soooooo yah.
5. If you could live as your favourite character for a day, what would you do?
I have noooo idea. I don't even know who my favourite character is, as I love so many of them..maybe Hermione? Let's go with Hermione. If I was Hermione, I'd totally cast spells and use that time turner just for fun and just try to put a lot of things right in the world (like bookshops everywhere)
6. Have you met any authors? If not, who would you like to meet?
I've only ever met Cathy Cassidy and another author that my sister really liked. Other than that, I haven't met any others, but my god, I would love to meet J. K. Rowling. I'd also like to meet John Green, Stephanie Perkins and Rainbow Rowell. The list is growing endless..
7. Paperback or Kindle?
I don't own a Kindle, so paperback for me, but I think I prefer paperbacks anyway. I do, however, want a Kindle and I own the Kindle app on my phone.. 
8. What is the longest book you’ve read?
…probably Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
9. What is your favourite book series?
Harry Potter, hands down.
10. If you opened a book shop, what would you name it?
This is a no brainer, 'Paper Town'
11. You’re stuck on an island, and can only have one book to read. What book would you choose?
oh my gosh, I DON'T KNOW. A really good interesting book, that's never ending. Maybe Harry Potter…I really don't know!

So there we go! I nominate…

Chloe at Booktuation
Amber at The Mile Long Bookshelf
Ruby at Feed Me Books Now
Hawwa at It Was Lovely Reading You
Jamie at Perpetual Page Turner
Victoria at Victoria Loves Books
YOU

And your 11 questions are..


1. What’s the last book you read, what book are you currently reading and what are you going to read next?

2. How do you organise your TBR pile?
3. What is your favourite genre, and why?
4. Who is your favourite author?
5. Which book can you relate to the most?
6. Have you met any authors? If so, who? If not, who would you like to meet?
7. You've got one book to recommend to someone. What is it and why?
8. What is the latest book you've read that made you feel all the things?
9. What is your favourite book series?
10. If you opened a book shop, what would you name it?

11. You’ve been locked in a fairytale tower (like Rapunzel), and you've only got one book. What is it?

Thank you again, Katie. This was fun! :)

Have you done a response to this post? If so, link me so I can check it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment