Saturday 3 May 2014

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith

Title: The Statistical Probability of Falling in Love
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Source: Borrowed from Library
Rating: 4/5

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

I'd read a review on Jamie's blog about this book, and having seen there was a big hype about 'The Geography of You and Me', I really wanted to read this! Sadly, my local library only had this book on their shelves as I did want to take out the other books by Jennifer Smith, but I'm not too fussed as least I managed to get my hands on this one! Plus, I've just thought - I can get it loaned from another library, hooray for connecting libraries!

I really enjoyed this book. It's a cutesy kind of book, and it's the kind of thing we've probably all dreamt of at some point in our lives! I found that this book was fast paced until the airplane, but even then that part didn't really drag on. I think it got better once off the plane, but I wasn't expecting the bit of a twist in it at all which I think added a new dimension (right word?) to the story which I really liked! I also really liked the fact that Hadley was able to come to terms with a certain something (I don't want to give anything away!). It was nice just to see everything fit together by the end of it.

When I did get to the end, I did want to find out more about Oliver and Hadley, and actually I did feel a little lost once I'd finished it, even though it had a nice, rounded ending!

This book was a real joy for me. It wasn't complicated and made for a nice, relaxing read that I really did enjoy!

Would I recommend it? Absolutely! If you get the chance, definitely pop out and get it!


Have you read this? What did you think? If not, is it on your TBR list, or are you planning to get it?

If you have any recommendations on how I can improve my reviews, please let me know! 

2 comments:

  1. I recently read The Geography Of You And Me and reviewed it and have realised I really need to read her other books. This review has convinced me to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot about The Geography of You and Me and really want to read it! I think I may have to invest in a copy! That's really great to hear - I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, it's a really lovely story! Please let me know what you thought when you've had a chance to read it! :)

      Delete