Saturday 17 May 2014

This Week's Round Up

Oh gosh, I haven't been on here in almost a week - I'm already slacking!

I've been pretty busy this week. If you didn't know, I had a job interview last week, and I had another this week on Monday evening. So the goods news is..I HAVE A NEW JOB! I'm really happy as my current job, although it's not bad, it's not what I want to do at all, and so I need to get out of it..plus the lady next to me that does the same job as me hates me. So anyway, Tuesday was pretty busy as I had to do college work for my upcoming exam. Wednesday I saw Katy Perry so really did not have time to blog at all. Thursday my boyfriend came round and we stuck stickers in his World Cup sticker book (we're not kids, honestly!), and Friday I went for a work colleagues leaving drinks! 

I think another reason why I haven't posted is because I finished both Anna and the French Kiss and although I have a load of books to read on my shelf, I just really did not feel like any of them at all. Plus, I was kind of wanting to have an evening off reading because I read Monument 14 and oh my gosh, I just did not want to read anything else for like a day or two (that kind of turned into a week..)

SO ANYWAY…weekly round up, here we go:

Books I have Received/Ordered

It finally arrived..this morning actually! I ordered it a week or two back and have been waiting for it ever since, but thank goodness it's finally here! I'm really looking forward to reading this one but didn't expect it to be as thick as it is! 

I actually have got to wait to read it now as I was getting so frustrated waiting for it, that I started to re-read The Fault in Our Stars. Do you want to know what is most annoying though? I started to re-read TFiOS this morning and the book turned up TODAY. Typical..


I've actually ordered this one from the library as I know how long it is taking me to read books, but also because I know how long it takes the library to find books that you've reserved. But actually, they're been pretty quick, and this little treasure is waiting to be picked up from the library!

I feel like there is so much hype about this book as so many people have read it, but I actually haven't read anything bad about this book, so I'm looking forward to reading it! Sadly, my library doesn't have a copy with this cover (unless the cover they've used on the internet is a trick and this actually is the one they've got!)

You may know of how much I loved Anna and the French Kiss. I really could not get enough of that book and wanted to read it at any given moment I could. So when I finished Anna and the French Kiss, I remembered that there was one to follow, Lola and the Boy Next Door. Sadly this one wasn't available on Amazon when I finished Anna and the French Kiss, but yesterday I noticed that it was so I have gone ahead and bought it and am now eagerly awaiting for it to arrive. I really can't wait!

I was actually going to buy this from Waterstones the other weekend but it was one that had come over from the US and it was really tall and just would NOT look good next to my Anna and the French Kiss.

This is the second instalment to follow Monument 14, which I am so excited to read! I read the first book within 2 days and immediately went to buy this one, until my boyfriend kindly reminded me that I have plenty of books to left to read so should read those before buying anymore. That didn't happen though. My excuse was 'well, I'm buying Lola and the Boy Next Door', so might as well buy this one too'. I'm really looking forward to this and I'm really hoping that it's just as good as the first one. 

Please come soon, book!



Books I Want

There is so much stuff and so many reviews about Since You've Been Gone floating round the book blogosphere that I am SO jealous of anybody who has read it. It is actually available on Amazon now, so I should buy it, especially since I'm pretty sure all I go on about is how much I want this book, but money issues (if anybody would like to give me a copy, I'd be happy to accept).

I do really want this book though, and as soon as I have the money, I am totally going to buy it. I think I might make it my gift to self for getting a new job. 

Ugh, book gods, please grace me with the presence of this book, and I will be eternally grateful.

Another book that I really, really want to get my mitts on is To All the Boys I've Loved Before. Again, it seems like there's a lot of hype around this book, as so many are talking about it. 

This book actually isn't released till August (according to Amazon), so it seems as if I'll have to wait for a few months before I read this sadly, but honestly, it sounds like such a good book, so I can't wait to purchase it and read it!


This book has been talked a lot about lately, and I've noticed that quite a few people have been doing a Liars Live Read on my twitter feed, which I wish I could in with, but can't as I don't have this book, sadly, although I really, really wish I did. 

I'm really looking forward to buying this one once I'm able to, and then obviously, reading it. 


I read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight  earlier this month which I enjoyed very, very much! I have seen this book floating around the internet quite a lot and have read what the story line is, so I would really like to read this one. It seems to me that Jennifer E. Smith writes these sweet but shortish stories about love, which I quite enjoy. 

I'm looking forward to the day I have this in my hands so that I can read it. I finished TSPoLaFS quite quickly, so I think that shows how much I enjoyed Jennifer E. Smith's writing and the book in general!




I'm pretty sure there's another book on my 'Books I Want' list, but I can't remember it right now, oopsie!


So I guess that's all for my this weeks's round up of books. I'm tempted to make this into a weekly thing (let's see if I can actually commit to it..). Please let me know if you enjoyed this or not, or if you would like to see another weeks round up next week!

I'm going to be reading The Fault in Our Stars this week, and hopefully will be making a start on Fangirl as well, as it seems like a quiet week this week, so there should be slightly more activity!

So tell me, are there any books on here that you've read, you want, or you're reading? If you've read any of them, what did you think of them? 



ps. I'm running the Race for Life this year (it's a race that women all over the UK take part in, in different locations to raise money for Cancer Research). I have a target to raise £150, and would really appreciate it if you'd spare even the smallest amount to help me reach that goal! You can check out my Just Giving page here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment